Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Life Before Jesus Pt 2

All during the night, I tossed and turned. I couldn't sleep well. Finally about 2 in the morning I dozed off only to be awakened by the faint whisper of my name. "Jennifer." I sat straight up in bed, looked around the room. I glanced over at Stephen and he was sound asleep. I thought to myself. I must be losing my mind. I laid back down, closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep again. "Jennifer". I bolted out of bed. There was that whisper again. My heart was racing as I tried to figure out what that was. I sat up the rest of the night waiting to talk to Stephen about what had happened to me.

Saturday morning I watched the sun rise. My heart was heavy. I was crying and did not even know why I was crying. Stephen got up, sat on the couch and said...."We need to talk." I knew what was coming. We were going to tell each other goodbye, I would pack my things and be on my way. But that is not what we discussed. Stephen looked at me and said, "Honey if we don't change soon we are going to go to hell." He had been reading a paper that someone had given us and God finally got ahold of his heart about the way that we were living. I had never really thought much about heaven or hell, but just the mere mention of hell and my skin began to crawl.

I told Stephen about what had happened the night before, and he told me he thought that it was Jesus calling my name. Little did I know that tons of people had been praying for us up to this point. Warriors were fighting for us in a spiritual battle that they all refused to lose.

Stephen called his good buddy Todd who he grew up with and who was now a pastor of a church. He told him, "We're coming to church tomorrow.".......

Continued tomorrow.......

No comments: