Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

2 Great Reads

I just finished a couple of more books that I thought I would tell you about!
The first one is a Bible Study by Cynthia Heald entitled Loving Your Husband; Building an Intimate Marriage In a Fallen World. This book was great to help me brush up on the ways to love our husbands. Based on today's society, love is an ugly four letter word that should never be spoken of when talking about a husband and wife. This bible study takes you through your words, being a helpmeet, loving him, submitting to him, supporting him and many many other areas that we sometimes fall short at as a wife! If you are looking for a good bible study to help enhance your marriage, then this would be a great one!
The book that I just finished reading is another one from my favorite author, Elizabeth George. This book is entitled Loving God with All Your Mind. The back of the book really got my attention:
"More than 10,000 thoughts pass through our minds each day. Wouldn't you like every one of those thoughts to be pleasing to God? Yes that can be a challenge with the pressures of daily living. When we find our thoughts overwhelmed by fear, worry, and depression, it's difficult to keep our minds focused on truth and joy! From her own past struggles, Elizabeth George shows how you can know the inner joy that comes from focusing your mind completely on what is true, pure, lovely, and good. She shares six simple yet powerful Bible truths that God uses to transform a woman's life....truths that will permantley change the way you think, feel, and live."
With someone like myself who worries to much, I knew this book would be a good one to read! I encourage you read this one if you have problems with fear, worry, or depression!

No comments: