Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Humbling Awareness

Have you ever gotten up one morning with the most awesome and humbling sensation running through your being? That is how I feel this morning. My mind and my heart are on the things of the Father and I have never been so in love with someone the way that I am in love with our Lord.

I think back as I sit here, to the day that He called my name, and made me His own. Right now, I feel as I did at that very moment, when He whispered my name, and shared with me His love for me. Everytime I break open the Word, I am reminded just how much He loves me. How can anyone not fall in love with God?

I think back to the day He called me to love my husband and family the way He loves me. A task that I thought would be completely impossible has become my lifelong passion. He is the reason that I love my family. He is the reason that my husband and I love each other with an everlasting love. How can anyone not fall in love with God?

I think back to that first day of homeschooling our children. The strength that He gives me daily to teach and train our children to be godly women and men when they are grown, comes only from Him. The love that I feel from Him as I watch their faces light up with the excitement of learning. How can anyone not fall in love with God?

I think back to the day that my mom died. How He wrapped His arms around me and gave me the strength I needed to get through. How He helped me cope in a way that noone else could. How He drew me close to Him during my most difficult nights. How can anyone not fall in love with God?

Today, I am aware of my love for Him better than anyday I have ever felt it. It is so alive in me as I write this morning. I am so aware of it, that I am on the verge of tears right now. At this moment, all I want to do, is lay myself prostrate before Him and worship Him in all His wonderful glory. I want to tell Him how wonderful He has been in my life. I want to tell Him that my life would be non-existent without Him. I would be a shell of a woman without His lifeblood-His Son-My Savior-My Friend-My Redeemer-running through my soul.

The words of my favorite song, None But Jesus, by Hillsong have come to mind

In the quiet, in the stillness, I know that you are God.

In the secret, of your prescence, I know there I am restored.

When you call, I won't refuse. Each new day again I'll choose.

There is no one else for me, none but Jesus, crucified to set me free.

Now I live to bring Him praise!

In the chaos, in confusion, I know You're sovereign still.

In my moment of weakness, You give me grace to do Your will.

When You call, I won't delay. This my song through all my days.

There is no one else for me, none but Jesus. Crucified to set me free,

Now I live to bring Him praise!

All my delight is in You Lord, all of my hope, all of my strength.

Cause all my delight is in You Lord, Forevermore!

How could you not fall in love with God?

No comments: