Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

This week as we were driving down the road to go to the grocery store, some nut cut us off and my daughter screams out, "hey you moron, what the heck do you think you're doing? Don't you see us driving here?"

I was kind of taken back at her response because that just does not sound like her. I scolded her for her words and then she hit me with a statement that caused me much grief. She said. . . "Well mom, you do it all the time."

(can you see the Louisville Slugger imprint on my forehead yet? Just take a closer look and you will see it loud and clear!)
God has been trying to for some time now to get my attention about how I present myself to my children. I am an honest Christian woman who loves God with all her heart, BUT I have a serious problem with getting mad at people who just do not know how to drive. I never expected in a million years for it to rub off on my children. . . but it did.

Proverbs 28:18 states it so well: He whose walk is blameless is kept safe, but he whose ways are perverse will suddenly fall.

I can walk in the Lord and be blameless before Him and my children or I can choose the world's way of handling it and fall suddenly. I want to set a good example for my kids. I want them to see me choosing the correct way to handle a situation, not the incorrect way.

Today as I write this I realize that there is so much I need to ask God to forgive me for and then begin today showing my children how a blameless Christian walks before the Lord. . . in every area of their life!

What has God been showing you lately that you need to work on? Be sure that you are not telling your children to do something that you yourself are not doing.

This post is linked to Gathering at the well.

1 comment:

annies home said...

I loved this post and it also made me think our children do keep us honest as we try to teach them the christian path