Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

How Time Flies

Yesterday was my son’s 15th birthday. This message is for him.

 

Dear Robert,

It only seems like yesterday when I found out that I was pregnant with you. I still can’t believe that 15 years have flown by. My, my how time flies!

I still remember the day I took the pregnancy test, and how excited I was that I was going to have a baby. I was only 19 and newly married, but having a baby had always been a dream of mine.

From the moment I found out I was going to have a baby, I claimed it would be a boy. I refused to have a little girl first. I wanted a boy. I told everyone who would listen to me that I was going to have a boy regardless. Even before I knew there was a God, I prayed that He would allow me to have a boy. I bought all baby boy clothes and toys.

Then, three days before you were born, I got the news that I was indeed having a boy. I was never so excited in all my life. The morning I went into labor was the most intense day of my life, but the minute you came into this world, I fell totally fell in love with you!

You were the best baby in the world and my very best friend from the moment you were laid into my arms. Here we are 15 years later, and you are STILL one of my very best friends. I love that you are so loving and considerate of others. It just goes to show what a big heart you have.

As you grow older, I look forward to the day when you get married and know exactly what it feels like to be so in love with your soul mate! I look forward to more meaningful and deeper conversations.

Today as you celebrate your very special day, I just want to let you know just how much you are loved and adored by your family, but more than that, just how much you are loved and adored by Jesus.

Your dad and I are both so VERY proud of you and your accomplishments. Keep doing what you are doing, and keep the mindset about life that you have now—keep it always!

With love on your very special day,

Your Mother :)

ps. I love you forever

No comments: