Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Twiced Baked Potato Slabs

I am not much of a football fan (don't hurt me guys--I am just not!) The only reason I go to these parties is for the food! I LOVE tailgating party foods!

This week over at Life as Mom, she is collecting the best of the best tailgating recipes so I thought I would share mine! I went to Smoky Bones once and had these potato slabs. They were the most delicious thing I had ever eaten! I was bound and determined to make them myself and I did.


Photobucket
This is some yummy goodness right here! Here is my recipe. If you make them, come back here and leave me a comment telling me what you thought about them.
Twice Baked Potato Slabs
Ingredients:
3 Russet Potatoes
Shreded Cheddar Cheese
3 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sour Cream (garnish)
Green Onions (garnish)
Directions:
Cook the potatoes in either the microwave or oven. If cooking in the microwave, poke holes in potatoes and then place in the microwave for about 8 minutes depending on wattage of microwave. If cooking in the oven, poke holes and wrap in aluminum foil. Put stove on 350 degrees and bake for about 2 hours (they do taste better this way, but I have fixed them both ways and they always get gobbled up).
After the potatoes have baked, set them aside and let them cool until they can be handled. Slice potatoes about 1/2" thick and place on baking sheet.
Sprinkle potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles. Place under broiler until cheese has melted.
Top with sour cream and green onions.
This recipe has been submitted to Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.

No comments: