Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Who Needs Starbucks?

 

In our effort to make many of our favorites from local restaurants, I have embarked on trying to make my favorite coffee mixes from Starbucks. In reality, I never visit Starbucks unless I have a gift card because I cannot see myself paying $3 or $4 for coffee. BUT, I finally got my favorite drink (peppermint mocha) recreated!
I purchased Peppermint Mocha creamer today from Kroger for only .49 with a coupon.
Instead of using whipped cream in a can or a tub, we are using heavy whipping cream which makes so much more whipped cream than any of the others!
I drizzled chocolate syrup across the top of the whipped cream!

Now every afternoon when I wish I had a Starbucks coffee, I can go in my kitchen and make me one! I think I spent about $3.50 purchasing everything needed. This will make several cups of coffee, cutting my cost from $2.95 per cup to just a few cents per cup!

1 comment:

Kela said...

Cool mix but what I really like is that cute mug! Not only am I a coffee snob; I guess I'm a mug snob too! LOL