Last night, as I was trying to decide what to fix for supper, I moseyed on over to the All Recipes website to see what I could find. The thing that I love most about this website is the fact that I can put in ingredients and it will give me recipes based on what I have on hand.
So last night, I had pesto, rotini noodles, and chicken. This is the recipe it gave me: Pesto Pasta Chicken. This recipe kind of gave me a base for what I wanted to do. I did change it up just a bit, so here is my version below. It is SO good!
Basil Chicken Pesto
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until tender, then stir in chicken. Season with red pepper flakes. Cook until chicken is golden, and cooked through.Add tomatoes and toss.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken and tomato mixture, and pesto. Toss to coat evenly.
This recipe was SO good that I only had a very tiny bowl left over. Hope you enjoy!