Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Basil Pesto Chicken


Last night, as I was trying to decide what to fix for supper, I moseyed on over to the All Recipes website to see what I could find. The thing that I love most about this website is the fact that I can put in ingredients and it will give me recipes based on what I have on hand.

So last night, I had pesto, rotini noodles, and chicken. This is the recipe it gave me: Pesto Pasta Chicken. This recipe kind of gave me a base for what I wanted to do. I did change it up just a bit, so here is my version below. It is SO good!

Basil Chicken Pesto

Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
  • 2 tablespoons of  olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • crushed red pepper flakes to taste
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1/2 cup pesto sauce
Directions:

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until tender, then stir in chicken. Season with red pepper flakes. Cook until chicken is golden, and cooked through.Add tomatoes and toss.
  3. In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken and tomato mixture, and pesto. Toss to coat evenly. 

This recipe was SO good that I only had a very tiny bowl left over. Hope you enjoy!
 



No comments: